“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace.” Ephesians 1:3-7
Let’s admit it. Every day life can be hard.
- Raising a family
- Managing a home
The list goes on and on. Life gets busy. Life gets crazy.
And for faithful Christians, each one of our roles in life becomes even harder when Satan sneaks in and starts whispering lies. The enemy preys on the struggles (large or small) of our day. It is then, we might hear his lies, telling us we are bad at our job, a bad parent, a bad student, or a bad spouse. And if we have left the door open wide enough, Satan will bring in the big gun: our past before we knew Jesus.
Friends, we are none of those things! In Ephesians 1, Paul reminds the church of Ephesus, and us, who we are in Christ:
- We are blessed with every spiritual blessing from God: salvation and eternal life, gifts of the Spirit, and the power to do God’s will!
- We Are Holy and without fault in the eyes God because of His saving grace through Jesus Christ!
- We were predestined and adopted as his children. In other words, it was all part of God’s plan to save us and make us his heirs!
- We are beloved and accepted by his son Jesus! We are His!
- In Jesus, we are redeemed and our sins are forgiven!
Our identity in Christ is our true worth. We are not defined by our circumstances or our past. We should not be sad, miserable, and grumpy. We have much to be thankful for: our worth is immeasurable. We are children of the one true God!
Let’s re-claim our identity and joy in Christ today and LIVE!
Life is better with Jesus!
If this devotion has blessed you, would you please consider sharing it or leaving a comment below?
Writer – Sharing the love of Jesus and encouraging others with Biblical truth and application.